Capability as a Service
Capability as a Service removes the challenge of maintaining appropriate expertise to support your change strategy.
Capability as a Service is a fully-managed service offered by Practicus designed to take on the challenge of identifying, mobilising and managing the appropriate specialist capability to deliver against business objectives, ensuring effective delivery.
Whether you are facing aggressive project deadlines, tackling challenges that require subject matter expertise, or simply need to fulfil Business As Usual (BAU) requirements, Practicus can help.
To talk to Practicus about the capabilities you need to deliver your strategy, please call +44 (0) 207 0962 731 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managed Service vs. Resource Augmentation
Before comparing, it is important we ask ‘What is Resource Augmentation?’ Resource Augmentation, or Staff Augmentation, is a resource outsourcing strategy designed to increase the project delivery capability needed to respond to a client’s business objectives. It's a bottom-up reactive approach to resourcing.
Capability as a Service, on the other hand, intelligently anticipates the capabilities needed to deliver your strategy and pro-actively addresses the expertise gaps that need to be overcome. It differs from the traditional Resource Augmentation model in a number of key ways:
- Integration with your teams for rapid mobilisation of resources as required not restrained by the bench
- Collaborative approach to understand and predict the demands of your portfolio, ensuring the right capability is in place when you need it
- Breadth and depth of specialist capability with real experience to meet diverse requirements from Project Management and Business Analysis to sector-specific Subject Matter Expertise
- Capability provided with quality assurance, agreed service KPIs and real accountability for outcomes
- Effective knowledge management to ensure you remain independent with managed mentoring, up-skilling and hand over to your staff as part of the service
HOW DOES CAPABILITY AS A SERVICE WORK?
Practicus starts by gaining an integrated view of resources, portfolio timeline and demand. Based on the outcome of the analysis, we will then design a fit-for-purpose solution designed to ensure we always provide the right capability in the right place at the right time. The solution can feature some or all of the following:
- A local, regional or global resource pool with the correct capability and depth
- Senior input, oversight and assurance from an experienced Partner, Engagement Director and our deployed SMEs
- Appropriate governance and reporting
- Additional value-added services, such as Innovation sessions, deep dive reviews and off-site facilities
Practicus is happy to propose an end-to-end solution. It’s equally worth noting we can provide capability on demand at any stage without direct involvement in portfolio planning. Our clients tend to have variable demand and a need to balance internal capability with a flexible, managed external resource model.
PROJECT DELIVERY CAPABILITY
Practicus has been providing services around Project and Programme Management, Business Performance and Technology for 10 years.
We are committed to providing you with seasoned experts that have not only delivered against similar priorities for similar clients, but that also have the cultural fit and expertise to be able to deliver from day one. Our community of seasoned professionals makes this possible.
We have a community of expert practitioners, across more than 12 industry sectors and multiple domain areas, from eCommerce to regulatory compliance. All of our practitioners are experts in their field and most have formal qualifications, for example PRINCE2, MSP, MBA, ITIL and 6 Sigma. On top of this, our leadership team has many years of industry experience between them, across all industry sectors and project types.
To support you in ensuring you have a fit-for-purpose solution, Practicus is able to offer a consultation to review your needs in the context of your organisation and its ambitions.
We will use it as a chance to really understand your strategic priorities, identify current capability gaps and then agree next steps.
To arrange a diagnostic discussion based on your strategy, contact Practicus on +44 (0) 2070 962 731 or email email@example.com.
The Four PromisesWe make four promises to all our clients
Quality Assurance+Providing our capability as a managed service to deliver your strategy
Sharing riskAligning our fees with your success