Creating a customer-centric service culture
The company is a large, fully integrated property and infrastructure solutions provider, operating in more than 40 countries. Through organic growth and acquisitions it is uniquely positioned in being able to provide capability through Consulting, Project Management, Building, Engineering, Infrastructure Development, Asset & Property Management and Investment Management Services.
At the time of our engagement, the company had been experiencing a period of high growth after growing nearly 50% in employee numbers following an acquisition. Its CEO set out an ambitious transformation agenda to drive improvement and standardisation of internal business processes and functions to support the integration.
We were engaged for three years as a transformation partner to support the delivery of multiple projects across the company’s portfolio.
The overall objective of the partnership has been to drive shareholder value through harmonised internal processes underpinned by fit for purpose technology. At the core has been the intention to create a customer-centric service culture and consistent stakeholder experience across a broad range of projects & functions. Practicus’s engagements have been in support of varied initiatives, with primary focus on the following:
- Implementing a Global HR Shared Services Solution
- Capturing ‘As is’ and ‘To Be’ processes in supporting the integration of the acquired businesses into the new Business Operating Model
- Base-lining, mapping and documenting current organisational and operational processes
- Identifying quick process improvement wins through expert knowledge of previous business function improvement initiatives
- Improving the engagement between the Business Process Management team and the business functions it supports with a focus on positive stakeholder workshop experiences & project momentum
- Transforming the Treasury function and developing a new operating structure
Given the company-wide impact of these transformation initiatives, a key challenge has been the complexity of requirements capture and stakeholder management. Practicus engaged and co-ordinated business requirement gathering workshops with subject matter experts and key stakeholders regionally across Australia, Asia, the Americas and Europe. To ensure clarity of expectations & consistency, the team developed robust stakeholder and Responsibility Assignment Matrices to maintain relationships and achieve stakeholder buy-in.