Programme Manager & Director
Finding the right interim Programme Manager or Programme Director is not easy. With so much responsibility resting on one set of shoulders, engaging the right change leadership is one of the most important decisions an organisation can make.
At Practicus, we specialise in networking and representing Programme Managers and Directors for business change assignments. We provide the professionals who can take a vision or blueprint and turn it into reality, providing the right umbrella for the successful delivery of individual projects.
On high profile assignments such as these, being able to trust an interim management business with often confidential information to ensure the right person is engaged, without information leaking, is key. Rest assured that when you talk to Practicus about your need for a change leader, your information is in safe hands.
Often the need for an interim Programme Director can arise at short notice and require a swift but always accurate response. Practicus understands the ramifications and impact of not having the right leader in place at the right time and has many years experience of recommending the right professional at short notice.
Most importantly, any good programme should deliver greater value than the sum of its parts and we conduct rigorous due diligence to ascertain the legacies our interim business program managers and directors leave.
Interim Programme Director & Programme Manager role description
A programme manager’s job is the co-ordination, organisation, direction and implementation of a portfolio of projects and activities that together achieve outcomes and realise benefits that are of strategic importance. This involves:
- Handling a large number of ambiguities and uncertainties within a programme
- Taking overall responsibility for the successful delivery of business benefits and outcomes
- Maintaining momentum and direction through proactive monitoring and control
- Limiting politics through careful management of stakeholder communication
- Managing all risks and budget
- Appointing the right individuals to projects
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions whenever gaps in the programme arise
- Making best use of the resources available
- Managing dependencies and interfaces between projects
- Reporting progress at defined intervals to the Programme Sponsor, Senior Responsible Owner or Programme Steering Group
Other Programme Manager job titlesOther common titles for this interim role include:
- Programme Director
- Programme Manager
- Technical Programme Manager
- IT Programme Manager
- Portfolio Project Manager
- Health Programme Manager